Dear Artists...
Today is February 17, 2026. I am here at work for this meeting. I am thinking about so many things but one of the things that I learned today is how to structure and organize the artists mind to structure ourselves to be more commercial. Being commercial is so hard when being an artist. I find myself as an artist working hard to lean into my craft with as much love, passion and precision as possible. I am reframing my mind to manifest in a better and more loving way. Taking the time to do yoga and meditate on my day. All these things matter. However, I am focused so much on healing and being a good Stewart to my craft, I kinda forget about how to commercially be a success. Now there isn't a true blue print to this. I do not have a real platform to give Q&R. I have not reached success enough to provide class sessions or subscriptions for classes. But What I do have is a book that I recommend any writer or artists to read because it can help you. The name and author of this extraordinary book is, "The business of being a writer," by Jane Friedman. In this novel she truly provides some great oversight on how to navigate the world of writing and how it will be a transformative experience once you are aware of the commercial world we live in. What I learned is that, many times as artists we are the people who stand in our own way. Many artists find themselves stuck between the craft and promoting the craft. Sometimes we may feel the craft is excellent. The craft may be o good, we hold onto it for years. Other times we may think the craft isn't good enough. So, in retrospect, we don't finish it. We stop putting in the energy to promote or continue due to our own insecurity or the need to gate keep. Well we shouldn't allow our present insecurities or the need to gate keep to stop us from putting this effort into our work. Our work is so precious to us and we deserve to live in it. We deserve to also release it with love and attract profit. There are people who want to experience you the same way you experience the art. I am not talking about human to human connection. I am speaking of the experience of the emotion you place into your art. The experience to allow God to speak through your work to others. You deserve to also live off of your craft. I always advise myself to just post. Just speak it out. Just put out the work. One of the ideas I informed another artists was that, it's time to start recording ourselves in the most enriched moments of the creation. Even God himself recorded the days it took to create the Earth. He too is an artist and he too shared his work and love with us regardless of how he felt. And we all know Gods creations aren't perfect. So what is truly stopping us from that feeling? What is truly stopping us from that exhaulting of putting ourselves out there? Its us. We should be posting everyday, no matter the like and no matter the self gratification. Likes and reposts should not be the only thing that that validate us. We should validate us. We should validate ourselves in a way that feels good. In a way that makes us feel like we are making a change in our own lives. We should idolize our work and we should be at peace with who we are and how we operate through life. We should love that we have these amazing gifts to share with other people. I understand that the comparison of commercial success may be another thing that could be holding us back from being the best at our selves but we also deserve to be loved and honored in ways that make us feel happy. The only comparison you should be making is with yourself. You are your only competition. You are the only person you should be looking at as a competition. Love that as well. Fall into that as well. Be in that as well. I want to challenge all artists to find peace with being commercial in your own way. Find peace in your own heart and creation. Found the healing in your art and allow your body to release it. Release all comparison and just be happy in what you are. To all my Artists, how do you plan on allowing your work to reach the masses? How do you plan to allow yourself to heal and let go of the emotions you placed in your work? xoxoxo
Comments
Post a Comment