Dear Artists...

Hello Everyone, 


    I wanted to reintroduce myself to the blogging world. My name is leyland and I am a famous poet. Well you may not know me wherever you are but you will. I not only do poetry but I write books and I create visual art. I wanted to remake this blog for everyone, and not make it personal. I wanted people who are experiencing the struggles of being an artist in this god for sake world. For those who are struggling to find artists to relate to, this blog for you. I will be talking about important topics, sharing insight and knowledge about ways we as artist can truly change the world we see today. I am also open to suggestion about what you guys would like to know as I love to do my research on topics that could bridge us all together. Insider my birthday is tomorrow and I do plan to post a blog tomorrow. I am super excited to start this new journey with you. Since this is a personal post and introductory, I wanted to be transparent with you and also set some ground rules so we can have boundaries on this medium of expression. 

    First, I wanted to talk to you guys about how I have overcome my drug addiction. Recently I have been sober for 19 days and my birthday makes 20, On February 8th. I recently moved into my new place and I have been struggling at this Cooperative Preschool job. I am an Administrative Assistant in training, and throughout this process they have shown me nothing but red flags. I have now found the power and voice in myself through sobriety. I have also found myself at the point where I left my spirit when I started to partake in Marijuana and Alcohol. Yes, Only marijuana and alcohol. Not any other hard drugs. I don't discriminate either. Now, I have tried a few things but never anything with needles or boring spoons lol. However if you are an artist and dealing or doing drugs, I do not blame you. This world is hard to cope with and I too was struggling to understand me, my craft, and what I was going through. However, I got so tired of myself and that was the first changes I needed to start healing again. Anywho, back to the job. Through my sobriety, I started to see the people and the job in a different form. The mission and the people aren't the issue. I am sure they have a great life outside of that workspace, However, the organization or lack there of lmao, is horrid. It's a freak show. I was making decisions literally the first week of my arrival. I was moving people up in positions in the second week. I was filling in for people jobs the third week and by the fourth week, I was fed up with leadership and how they had been absent minded about my orientation and training. I had to set up a meeting on February 5th about how I had a lack of training and there wasn't a scheduled formed for my training. I am about to head into the second week of February and they are just now building a plan out. I am burnt out and tired and I honestly don't want to do the job anymore. I don't allow things to unfold and not plant seeds. Complaints without actions are just complaints. However, complaints with action becomes motion and ever boat needs to have motion to keep sailing. I have had 2 job opportunities and I have had one good interview and I have graduated to the next phone interview. I am super excited. Even though I am excited, I want to be able to make the right decision. So, I have been journaling/ praying to god for him to show me exactly what decision I need to make. Should I leave the job or should I stay. However the more I talk to you guys about it and express the more I feel the urge to leave on my own terms. I feel like the cycle is broken of me staying at jobs just because I am there and to move on my own terms. I need to learn how to trust that god his providing me the vision and the conscious decisions to move on. Out of all this, I have learned how to advocate for myself and my craft. I learned that even if I do acquire the new job, Thats not where I want to be. I just want to be able to have an easy opportunity that allows me to make a lot of money to put forth toward my craft and traveling. I wanted to be able to truly enjoy my life outside of what I am being told what to do. I learned to stay quiet and not do to much or force an opportunity. When you become older around the ages of 21 - 100, everything is about intention, responsibility, discipline, advocacy and accountability. You have to allow yourself to be willing to understand who you are in the mist of the transition. I am also coming back into my Saturn return and all my old habits are dying. I thank godfather everyday for my sobriety and my new sound mind. Without God, this wouldn't be able to happen. 

    Now that I am focused on my craft and moving forward with my work, I have built a true plan to execute. I am working on many projects including my portfolio website, my new poetry book titled "Earth" and another book/ series called "Queer Guide". These projects are new and some have been in the works for months. As a writer, everything is about intention. You have to be willing and able to let the ideas and words flow so that you can reach the state of true artistic divinity. To reach this state, I have been trying to reframe from doing the old things and doing new things or things I originally loved. Im originally from Albany, Georgia. A small town but heavy with nature. I grew up a child with privilege but didn't understand my privilege until my teens. My grandparents and mother were very humbling and I didn't even know how much God provided for us. I thought it was normal. I was not dripped out in designer, We did not carry expensive cars. However my grandparents and mother focused on the thing in life that actually mattered. Human interacting, love and just being a wholesome individual. Being righteous and always admiring when you're wrong. I was raised on morals and values. I lost that following others and still holding onto the bags of my past. But Thats another story for another day. I may share. Anywho, I can not wait for you guys to see my work and I will share and update that here as well. I plan to write more here and journal here about my ideas and etc. I won't share my prayers but I will provide my thoughts on the state of the art world. To start off, are there any topics that you would like for me to talk about in the future? Are there any ideas you want to express? is there anything you want me to talk about myself? Comment and let me know. Because We all just want to do art! xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Artists...

Dear Artists...

Dear Artists...